Monday, April 17, 2006

LOVE...

Phew!!! I never thought i would get around to writing about this cliched topic...infact when i started this blog i promised myself that the one topic i wouldnt discuss about would be love...but for the past few days i have heard of so many incidents of people who have been in love for a long time that my hands are itching to write about it...incidentally these people have been in love for a long time but i was unaware of it..and for people who know me i m still angry that u dint care to tell me:):):)..thats what i found kind of funny..when i asked one of my friends as to why i had been kept in the dark about her affair she told me that i wouldnt understand and also because i was against love...

well yes i agree with the first part...i just cant understand how people fall in love and can forego going home just to stay with their er ah um....boyfriends/girlfrineds(i m serious..one of my friends refused to go home during the study hols coz she wanted to spend "quality time" with her boyfriend)...i cant imagine putting up witnh the hostel food,washing my own clothes just to stay with my BF..and i dont think there would ever be a day in my life when my parents(who incidentally are the people who have taken care of me for the past 20 yrs before mr.x er swept me off my feet) would occupy a lower position in the list of the people i love..i think i ll always be indebted to them for what they have done for me....and for petes sake how can some person whom i have known only for a couple of months be more important tha ur parents...

anyways coming to the second part of the insinuation against me that i m aginst love i completely put my foot down...i mean i really respect people who are in love..most of these people who i know have been in love from their 11th std...now in the elventh i couldnt even make descions like whether i wanted to have idly for breakfast or bread!!and i still cant for that matter!!!!!and there were people who had actually decided whom they wanted to spend their whole life with..i mean i m sure it would have taken tremendous courage on their part to actually take such a major decision in life..that is one thing which i respect about them..another thing is how brave they are..none of their parents know that they are in love and all of them are extremely confident of the fact that their parents will eventually come around to it..one of my friends who is a brahmin loves this guy who is a christian and i cant even imagine how they ll react in her house!!!so i guess it take a lot of bravery and courage to go and fall in love without caring a damn about the odds...but like one of my friends says "u dont go around asking abt the guys caste and financial status before falling in love..it just happens..it is a feeling i cant describe..it is something which u have to experience"...well as an experienced person i guess what she says is true!!!

so finally for all those people who thought/think that i m against love I RESPECT U GUYS :D:D:D:D....

6 comments:

Ragesh said...

That's nice to see Revathi, that you respect love and respect people who are in love, for, there are very few people like you, I mean, who are not in love but still respect love..:-)

R@hul said...

I hate public displays of emotion....bah...

senthil said...

It depends on the individual to fall in love or not. But based on my observations, love has been something which demands from the other. If you ask any lovers, they just say, " He cares me so much", "I like his cutenes", "He is wonderful guy" etc. But, when you see a typical rural love, it means a different to them. like, I will give him/her this/that, I have to do this for her etc.

so the fact is that, love in the modern youth starts at first sight, grows with one or more meeting, and ends in the beach with all the nasty behaviours.

I feel, love is something similar to addiction, like drug addict, cigar addict, drunk addict. It may sometimes been a mental disorder.
i have often seen my friends saying, that i cant live even a single day without seeing her. But they forgot that they have lot of duties to be done for their families, society, and for themselves too. Love makes them forget all these.

Also i have seen a guy becoming sad, when his lover moves closely with another guy. These types of possesiveness is common among modern youth.

The need of the hour is, that the definition of love should change. Youth should be taught to associate love with realities.

As vivekananda said, if you wide open your folding palms, you could hold more water. But when you try to posses it by closing, the water will spill away from you. The same case with love.

VarunTomar said...

I agree with senthil completely

Anonymous said...

Sheesh!! My comment on this piece of blog is that I wish to God Senthil never falls in love. That girl is sure to die of righteousness if not of anything else, being with him. I am sure he will probably spoil a totally romantic moment by saying "Did you fluff up the pillows for your grandfather"???? or something equally maddening like "How would you categorize our love, rural/urban (Q#!@#@#@#$) Ugh!!!

Senthil my sincere advice to you would be to start writing a blog of your own and quit using the comment space to vent your feelings and just stick to commenting about the blog at hand!!!

Savita said...

Finally I find someone whose opinion about love exactly matches mine... Glad to have read your blog...
Just totally agree with you...
I am not against love or anything but yeah.. I am against todays youth's definition of love...
Love at first sight, walking holding hands, going to beaches and parks, calling every 2 hours... all CRAP..just CRAP... blech!!!