Friday, July 13, 2007

I Hate It!!!!

It’s been really long since I wrote. A month and a half to be precise. As the old cliché goes I seem to be suffering from a writers block. The main reason for this block is the fact that I have absolutely no free time on my hands now and I hate it. There was a time when I was averaging 7-8 posts per month and now I am finding it difficult to write a post a month. It’s amazing actually. when I was absolutely jobless and there was nothing happening in my life I had so much to write and so much to look forward to and now when there is so much happening in my life my mind refuses to give my hands the ability to pen down my thoughts. I wish my mind were a free bird again so that it could wander here and there looking at life from the eyes of a person who had nothing better to do than eat and sleep and write. I find it irritating finding no time on my hands and even if I do find time I am thinking about trivial and mundane things like house rent, cell phone bill, water, food, electricity, java tests (ewwww) and so many other things which I had absolutely NO interest in about a month back and its really hard to write when your mind is bogged down by such things. If it had been the "jobless" me I would have found something interesting to write about how we searched for our house (the difficulties encountered) how I struggled to pay my bills, what I did with my first salary and so much. But right now have lost the ability to laugh at life, its idiosyncracies, its beauty, it charm, it cruelty etc. I am leading this extremely monotonous and miserable existence where the only things that change daily are the clothes I wear. I think dinesh put it beautifully when he wrote this post. I am pretty much going through the same now and I absolutely hate it. I want no stress on my pea size brain, I want me to be absolutely free with lots of time to think about what to write, I want to regain my ability to laugh at myself and my surroundings and most of all I want to write but cant.. :(

6 comments:

Vinod said...

I was expecting that at least one blogger from CSE-B would say this-it's hard to blog when you have been out of touch. It's easy to recollect that irritable feeling when you know you want to blog but you ran out of topics!

Archana Raghuram said...

Hi Revs,
I don't believe that at all. So many interesting things seems to be happening in your life, you even seem to have developed taste for Ekta Kapoor serials (thats a life altering event, you know)

ragesh said...

hey dude, don not get bogged down, everytime life gives us a new thing to be enamoured by, its up to find it out and look around , u will find a new thing, whose beauty will alure u, and about the writers block, its like the way none of the mustards fall down, when u tilt upside down, a small jar with a small opening, with mustard filled up to its brim., lol. relax!

logic said...

Well you can try using twitter more frequently.and can link twitter to blog. So blogging doesnt take para's of writing anymore.

//There was a time when I was averaging 7-8 posts per month and now I am finding it difficult to write a post a month//

Same case with me :( :(

Savita said...

Me going thru the same thing da.. :(
bought the books you suggested in my blog... but i am usually jus too tired to read after i come back from my workplace... :(
miss the vacation now..

srinath shankarnarayan said...

hmmmm...ur blog makes a interesting read...quite ironical dat i am commenting on a post where u r mumbling u r not able to pen down ur thoughts..i meant the over all blog and the previous posts... and for record i too was a ex cognizant employee...
and now i am an unemployed..errr... MBA student in mumbai...he he he...
cheers