Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Finally i am back to chennai and back to where i belong. and yeah thankfully my trip back to chennai wasnt as eventful as my trip home. i just had to wait for 7 hours in the ahemdabad airport doing absolutely nothing. my bus from jamanagr to ahemdabad arrived at 7.00 in the morning and my flight from ahemdabad to chennai was at 3.00 in the afternoon. oh man!!! i experienced absolute heights of boredom. i did not have my laptop, i did not anyone for company and i knew absolutely no one in ahemdabad whose house i could go to and the worst part was that i could not walk up and down exploring the airport for fear of the fact that someone might pilfer my luggage. as my luck would have it my mom sent all important things with me to give to people all over chennai. the number of instruction i got!!!oh man!! "mythili aunty's sari is in this one. its very important. dont lose it". "preethi's diamond earrings are in that one. guard it very carefully dont check in that bag. have it as your hand luggage and this is a gas regulator which your fathers colleagues neigbours wifes sister will come and collect from you once u reach chennai. be very careful with their stuff. mothers i tell you!!!

so i just sat like piece of luggage in the airport, obvioulsy inviting curious glances and stares from the airport workers who were probably thinking that i am a terrorist checking out the aiport to bomb it or something. maybe the airhostesses felt that i had come to take their place. heh heh!!ok ok..no tension. and anyway those air hostesses look so bad. i mean yeah ok u need to put make up to look presentable but cant u put it in such a way that makes u look presentable and also a little human?? they have layers and layers of stuff on their cheeks, their eyes and lips and an extremely artificial and plastic smile on their faces. ewwwwwwww. well somehow i managed to kill time. thankfully i had a book with me. god bless PG Wodehouse. thanks to PGW i was laughing to myself all the time thus inviting even more glances from everyone around me. :D:D. and the worst part was that the ahemdabad airport was being renovated or soenthing there was just one shop in the whole airport which sold something to eat. i had one sandwich for 60 bucks and i dunno what filled my stomach. the sandwich or the steep prices!!!

well finally 2 o clock came, i checked in my luggage, discovered that it was 2 kilos overweight because of all the stuff my mom had packed, paid excess baggage charges and finally boarded the flight thinking that i would be in chennai in another 2 hrs. only then i came to know that the flight had a stop in hyderabad and only then it would go to chennai. had to wait in the plane at hyd airport for about an hour and then finally after four hours i reached chennai at 6.30. phew!! did i say it wasnt an eventful trip??;)

10 comments:

BOB said...

Hi ,

Just commented to create a record of fastest reply comment in your blogs .

I dont know if others have replied much faster than me.

The reason is that I'm commenting from the same computer which u've used to send ur post I guess.At the press of the keys 're',I thought I'd get redfiff for checkin my account but got ur blog.
thts why

Mark Isuak said...

"god bless PG Wodehouse."
god bless him, amen :)

sandhya said...

ha ha.... in one way, u must thank air deccan u know... it has helped u to kill sometime in writing these blogs atleast... he he;)

Priya Iyer said...

hi! i just came to your blog accidentally, while searching for something else...btw, i am a gbci too- gujarat bred confused iyer! nice to meet u!:-)

Harish said...

saree, earring ellam poga vendiya edathukku poi saendhudha? illa neeye ellathayum neeye abase* panneetiya? :)

*thamizh abase. not english abase!

Harish said...

Journeys are always wonderful. They appear boring at that moment....looking back...they appear cool :-)

Tormentan!! said...

Hey can you suggest a good massage parlour in chennai. I can pay upto 2000 bucks a month and get 13 customers, so that I can get mine done free.

I dont mind any intrusion as well..

hahaha...so u are outta the racket now at least?

Guru said...

Good comment abt the airhostesses..u need to be male and flying kingfisher to not complain [:D]

Archana Raghuram said...

I some how never could appreciate PGW. Could you recommend a good one for me.

Mea said...

This is great info to know.