Phew. This
has been a silent space hasn’t it?
I have seen
graveyards that have seen more action than this blog. I mean that more as an
analogy than as an “I am so cool, I go to see graveyards in the night”. I am not. Cool I
mean. I can’t sleep alone at night without keeping the light on, let alone
visit graveyards at night.
So that’s
that. Now that we have established how sepulchral this blog is and the fact
that I am probably the only person who will read this I am going to go ahead
and say a lot of nonsense. Just in an attempt to revive this blog which used to
such a happy place once. At least for me.
1) The last
time I wrote on this space I was 26, unmarried, carefree, stupid, had long
hair, was staying in Chennai and
teaching children. Three years and one month later ALL of that has changed. I
am now 29, very married, more mature than I want to be, have a boy cut now
(which I think suits me a LOT :P), living in Hyderabad and not teaching
children.
2. So what
made me stop blogging. Nothing actually. Just that life caught up. And a more
demanding job happened. And the mind became preoccupied with things that I will
not even remember 5 years down the line and then feel sad that I left my life largely undocumented. And twitter happened. And suddenly it
felt like 140 characters were enough to talk about everything that mattered in my
life. Even for a locquacious person like me, twitter worked. It was easy, it
was fast, it required less effort and it gave me the false sense of accomplishment of writing and being
read.
3. Non sequitur, but I don’t
know why people in India are celebrating Halloween. Like really guys. Are the
state of affairs in this country not scary enough that now you want to dress up
and paint yourself to look scary and go to a party? Now before you read
further, let me tell you, I hate parties of any kind. Halloween or otherwise. I
hate socializing with people I don’t like or in some cases I don’t know, I don’t
drink and it makes me nauseous to stand in a crowd of drunk people who don’t really
care whether I exist or not. I prefer one on one conversations in a quiet place where people are genuinely interested in knowing each other and are sober.
My idea of a perfect Saturday night is snuggled
under a bedsheet reading a nice book or watching a nice movie or talking to a good friend.
Now that,
that is established let me proceed to tell all the zero of you why I have a
problem with Halloween.
a) I can’t stand it when people don’t question
stuff and do something blindly. Blame it on my teacher genes that I NEED people
to question and argue and think for themselves. If more people questioned and
thought for themselves, religion wouldn’t exist, caste wouldn’t exist, gender
inequality wouldn't exist, the beef ban wouldn't exist, BJP government wouldn’t
exist and Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi (puke!) wouldn’t exist. So my
fundamental problem with Halloween is not why not? But really why? There aren’t
dearth of festivals to celebrate in India. There are too fucking many of them
anyway. There isn’t a dearth of opportunities to meet people. We are a bloody
overcrowded country. It’s not like we don’t get enough opportunities to look
scary. We take enough opportunities to cake our faces with make-up and scare
little children and finally we would all do well to eat less chocolate, prevent
diabetes, get some exercise and NOT celebrate Halloween. Phew!
b) No one has ANY idea why people celebrate
Halloween. As research (cough) for this post I looked it up online and THIS is
why Americans celebrate Halloween. It is apparently celebrated to denote the
end of Summer. . And people in Chennai are celebrating it.
Honestly it doesn’t get funnier than this. Chennai makkal, if you start putting
on scary make up to celebrate the end of Summer, you need to drive yourself to
the nearest mental asylum because end of summer for Chennai is like end of intolerance
in the BJP regime. It doesn’t exist.
4) I have
been reading this book called “The Difficult of Being Good” by Gurucharan Das
and honestly the book speaks to my soul. It is the quintessential problem I
have. When does one stop being good and start being selfish or start doing
things that may not be for larger good but for personal good?
I am the
last person on this planet to be religious (I am an evangelical atheist) but
the book really made me question “what is my dharma”. Is it to do things that
are for the greater good of the universe, is it to do things that are for my
good or is it to do things that for the greater good of the people I serve. It
explores the concept of dharma from the angle of various characters in the
Mahabharata (which is my MOST favorite epic btw)
What makes a
person good and why be good if it doesn’t come with any tangible “benefits”? I know that I do what I do in every aspect of
life because I think it is the right thing to do and because my conscience
would kind of eat me alive if I did something it doesn’t fully agree with. I do
believe that I am very intrinsically motivated and extrinsic factors like
people, money, fame, popularity do not bother me at all. Especially money. Of
the 101 future plans that I have making money doesn’t feature in the top 200
things to do before I die.
But there
are times where I ponder about the why? Why do I do it when the only thing I “get”
is a deep sense of satisfaction and a sense that I have upheld the values I
hold close to my heart. Which is basically a lot of bunkum if you ask me!
Which then makes me think that maybe I am not as
intrinsically motivated as I thought myself to me. Maybe I do seek some sort of
validation or external reward because otherwise I wouldn’t feel that way.
Things have
always been very black and white for me and I have always thought that gray
areas are areas of self-doubt and uncertainty
but this book has really made me think!
It ALMOST
made me believe in karma. Do read if you are in the mood for some deep thinking
and reflection.
5) In the
past 3 years I have stopped doing things that I like doing. Namely
Writing
Playing (any
game)
Trekking
Singing
Watching
plays
Writing to
friends
Talking to
friends
Talking
It could be
because work is now SUPER exciting BUT all consuming and work + domestic chores
(did I mention I am now married!?!) take up all my time, but I GENUINELY
believe that if you want to do something you WILL find time to do it and if you
find excuses to not do something then chances are that those things are no
longer priority for you. This makes me sad. To realise that the above list of
things are no longer a priority for me because other things like cooking,
reading books and teaching I still find time to do despite my schedules. I know
that as we grow older priorities change, we become different people, our
interests and desires change but I do want to go back to a time when all of
these things AND work AND people were a priority for me. Pch. This growing older business can really suck.
For the fact
that I have not written anything in the past 3 years, I think this is a decent effort and I will try to write more often so I don't come in here three years later and think about how I have not written anything.
P.S: Why the title for this post you ask? (I know no one's asking but I will still tell. Yes?)
I always think silence makes the loudest sound and just by virtue of it's presence it makes the absence of sound felt. Like an argument with your spouse when the silence is so LOUD you want to scream or the silence in an exam hall which is filled with the noise of working brains. Like the silence on this blog. Which is screaming with past memories and nostalgia :)
59 comments:
Wow. What a come back! Caustic and funny - as usual. well come...
Welcome back, Revs!
:)
1) YAY! You are back!
2) Wait, Why didn't I get any notification for this post?
3) Halloween in India? It's just fashion. Just another excuse to party goers to have a costume on. Just another excuse for Kids to get more access to candy.
Thats a long post for a comeback.
I guess you what almost everyone what one is living for money or self-satisfaction?
Some very valid questions there...
Welcome back revs, back from the chblogs days its good to see you here all married and ranting (did I relate the two? ;p)
Btw, i am married, have a baby and manage domestic chores too, but I have stopped wap / twitter for good and continued to blog (actually more after the baby) and now looking back at that online diary of mine - seriously looks like WHATEVER we do 5 years ago gets immaterial!
Abt the Haloween! Oh lord! And all that good people do is ask such whys and appear like snobbish killjoys to the party-goers, or at least from my FB altercations thats what my friends thought I was :p
Anyways Hi5 to the puke. I should try the book abt 'Difficult of being good!'
I had almost given up on this blog thinking you quit. But I see you were tricked by the Twitter bug. You haven't lost your sense of humor. I'll tell you that.
As it happens, I just a told someone, just this morning, that I am hopelessly old fashioned and I take 500 words to say something that can be accomplished in 5.
I am having a strange sort of morning and this was a pleasant surprise.
Finally!!!
Been checking your blog every now and then for a new post and its finally there now. Welcome back Revs! :)
Pls write more.. missed your funny posts esp the flashback ones ;)
Hi Revs - I got to know about your blog from Akila Narayanan, and bookmarked your posts, long after you had quit the company.
Now, when doing what I do best at work (while away time), I got onto a trail that led me to Aiswarya Harikrishnan's blog, and from there to here.
Just wanted to say "You write awesome!" :) Hope you revive this space, will be subscribed and waiting :) :)
Cheers!!
welcome back revs.. just saw this.. :)
I do trust all of the concepts you’ve presented on your post. They’re really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too brief for newbies. May you please extend them a little from subsequent time?Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks.
Linux Training in Chennai
It's interesting that many of the bloggers to helped clarify a few things for me as well as giving.Most of ideas can be nice content.The people to give them a good shake to get your point and across the command.
Hadoop Training in Chennai
Dotnet Training in Chennai
Nice post
Rhce Training in Chennai
Finally! Great to see you start writing again. Your writing was missed (and I guess will continue to be missed since this last post was more than a year ago)
Keep writing!
Wow. What a come back! Caustic and funny - as usual. well come...
Android Training Institute in Chennai
Do you want to buy or sell your kidney for money, Apollo Hospital is urgently in need for kidney donor at the rate of ($270,000) 1.70 CRORE, Payment procedure 50% (85 LAKHS) advance payment before operation, If any one is willing to sell please contact us through Email: kidneytransplant44@gmail.com
Need Genuine Donors.
Contact No +918970153756
Waiting for your responds
Best Regards
v
We are urgently in need of KlDNEY donors for the sum of $500,000.00 USD,(3 CRORE INDIA RUPEES) All donors are to reply via Email only: onlinecareunit@gmail.com
WE ARE URGENTLY IN NEED OF KIDNEY DONORS,
WITH THE SUM OF [$500,000USD,]{3crore} CONTACT US
NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION EMail: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
WHATSAPP us now : +91 779-583-3215
Well done! Pleasant post! This truly helps me to discover the solutions for my inquiry. Trusting, that you will keep posting articles having heaps of valuable data. You're the best!
angularjs-Training in pune
angularjs-Training in chennai
angularjs Training in chennai
angularjs-Training in tambaram
angularjs-Training in sholinganallur
Awesome! Education is the extreme motivation that open the new doors of data and material. So we always need to study around the things and the new part of educations with that we are not mindful.
Java interview questions and answers
Java training in Chennai | Java training institute in Chennai | Java course in Chennai
Java training in Bangalore | Java training institute in Bangalore | Java course in Bangalore
Java interview questions and answers
Inspiring writings and I greatly admired what you have to say , I hope you continue to provide new ideas for us all and greetings success always for you..Keep update more information.
rpa training in chennai
rpa training in bangalore
rpa course in bangalore
best rpa training in bangalore
rpa online training
Thanks for giving great kind of information. So useful and practical for me. Thanks for your excellent blog, nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge.
Epoxy Grout manufacturer in delhi
It's interesting that many of the bloggers to helped clarify a few things for me as well as giving.Most of ideas can be nice content.The people to give them a good shake to get your point and across the command
online Python training
python training in chennai
We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.You have done a marvellous job!
Data Science Course in Indira nagar
Data Science Course in btm layout
Python course in Kalyan nagar
Data Science course in Indira nagar
Data Science Course in Marathahalli
Data Science Course in BTM Layout
Thanks for giving great kind of information. So useful and practical for me. Thanks for your excellent blog, nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge. led lawn lights in delhi
My name is rebort.I have done Btech. I have done training in Vehicle towing company. I have done manufacturing project . It is best feature provide. I shared project information social sites. It is best reviews provide. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.
angularjs-Training in velachery
angularjs Training in bangalore
angularjs Training in bangalore
angularjs Training in btm
angularjs Training in electronic-city
Great post! It was really awesome reading your article. Keep us updated.
C C++ Training in Chennai | C Training in Chennai | C++ Training in Chennai | C++ Training | C Language Training | C++ Programming Course | C and C++ Institute | C C++ Training in Chennai | C Language Training in Chennai
Excellent and useful blog admin, Keep up the good work and share more like this.
RPA Training in Chennai
RPA Training near me
Robotics Process Automation Training in Chennai
RPA Training in Velachery
AWS Training in Chennai
Angularjs Training in Chennai
Hi, Great.. Tutorial is just awesome..It is really helpful for a newbie like me.. I am a regular follower of your blog. Really very informative post you shared here. Kindly keep blogging.
Java training in Bangalore | Java training in Jaya nagar
Java training in Bangalore | Java training in Electronic city
Java training in Chennai | Java training institute in Chennai | Java course in Chennai
Java training in USA
I would assume that we use more than the eyes to gauge a person's feelings. Mouth. Body language. Even voice. You could at least have given us a face in this test.
python course in pune
python course in chennai
python Training in Bangalore
It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.Thanks for sharing this information,this is useful to me...
Data Science Training in Indira nagar
Data Science Training in btm layout
Python Training in Kalyan nagar
Data Science training in Indira nagar
Data Science Training in Marathahalli | Data Science training in Bangalore
I appreciate your efforts because it conveys the message of what you are trying to say. It's a great skill to make even the person who doesn't know about the subject could able to understand the subject
rpa training in chennai |best rpa training in chennai|
rpa training in bangalore | best rpa training in bangalore
Haier Fridge Repair In Faridabad
Panasonic Fridge Repair In Faridabad
refrigerator repair in gurgaon
lg fridge repair in gurgaon
washing machine repair in gurgaon
Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good,
its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because,
they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.
Java training in Chennai
Java training in Bangalore
Java online training
Java training in Pune
The article is very super. You are provided this post is good and the explanation is very brief. Thank you for your sharing with us!!!
TOEFL Coaching in Chennai
TOEFL Training in Chennai
Ethical Hacking Course in Chennai
Japanese Classes in Chennai
TOEFL Coaching in Adyar
Ethical Hacking Course in Anna Nagar
its very nice to read your article and im really appreciate to read that.thanks to you for giving wonderfull ideas.thankyou.
UiPath Training in Chennai
UiPath Training Institutes in Chennai
Blue Prism Training in Chennai
UiPath Training in velachery
UiPath Training in Tambaram
the blog helps to my research.this blog is related to my technology.thank you for the important blog.
Hibernate Training in Chennai
Hibernate Training
Spring Training in Chennai
Spring Hibernate Training in Chennai
Struts Training in Chennai
Struts course in Chennai
Hibernate Training in Velachery
Hibernate Training in Tambaram
the article is very nice to study and really enjoying that.its help me to improve my knowledge and skills also.im really satisfied in this session.
Data Analytics Courses in Chennai
Big Data Analytics Courses in Chennai
Machine Learning institute in Chennai
Machine Learning Training in Chennai
DevOps Training in Chennai
Data Science Training in Anna Nagar
Data Science Training in T Nagar
its a good post and keep posting good article.its very interesting to read.
Regards,
Devops Training Institute in Chennai
This post is much helpful for us. This is really very massive value to all the readers and it will be the only reason for the post to get popular with great authority.
Selenium Training in Chennai
Selenium Course in Chennai
Big Data Analytics Courses in Chennai
Angularjs Training in Chennai
German Classes in Chennai
Selenium Training in OMR
Selenium Training in Porur
Remarkable post! That's a lot of information. Thanks for taking your time and effort to share this with us. Keep us updated.
moto service center in chennai
motorola service center in chennai
moto service centre chennai
moto service center
motorola service center
motorola service center near me
motorola mobile service centre in chennai
moto g service center in chennai
motorola service center in velachery
motorola service center in t nagar
motorola service center in vadapalani
Excellent blog I visit this blog it's really awesome. Blog content written clearly and understandable. The content of information is very informative
It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.Thanks for sharing this information, this is useful to me
oneplus service center chennai
I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details.
Devops Training in Chennai | Devops Training Institute in Chennai
trytry
super your blog
andaman tour packages
andaman holiday packages
web development company in chennai
Math word problem solver
laptop service center in chennai
Austin Homes for Sale
andaman tourism package
family tour package in andaman
It's really a nice experience to read your post. Thank you for sharing this useful information. If you are looking for more about
big data hadoop training cost in chennai | hadoop training in Chennai | best bigdata hadoop training in chennai | best hadoop certification in Chennai
I think things like this are really interesting. I absolutely love to find unique places like this. It really looks super creepy though!!
big data hadoop training in chennai | big data training and placement in chennai | big data certification in chennai | big data hadoop interview quesions and answers pdf
An astounding web diary I visit this blog, it's inconceivably magnificent. Strangely, in this current blog's substance made point of fact and sensible. The substance of information is instructive.
Regrds,
cloud computing courses in chennai | advanced java training institute in chennai | best j2ee training in chennai
دهان بجدة
أعمال الدهان هي الأعمال التي تمنح المكان روح جديدة وشعور مختلف وهذا ما يجعل الكثير من سكان جدة يقبلون على تغيير ألوان ودهانات منازلهم باستمرار حتى يشعروا أهم كل وقت في حال غير الآخر، ولهذا نساعدكم في الاختيار ونقدم لكم دهان بجدة، لأنه الشخص الوحيد الذي يساعدكم على تنفيذ كل ما ترغبون به في منازلكم أو قصوركم.
لديه خبره كبيرة تميزه عن غيره في دمج الألوان وتنفيذ أجمل الخلفيات الثري دي وغيرها، كما باستطاعته تركيب أنواع مختلفة من ورق الحائط الذي يرغب في تركيبه فئة كبيرة من سكان جدة حيث أنه يعطي لمسة من الجمال والرقي، فمنه ما يحتوي على المناظر الطبيعية الجميلة.
Wonderful thanks for sharing an amazing idea. keep it...
Best Training Institute in Bangalore BTM. My Class Training Bangalore training center for certified course, learning on Software Training Course by expert faculties, also provides job placement for fresher, experience job seekers.
Software Training Institute in Bangalore
Your topic is very nice and helpful to us … Thank you for the information you wrote.
Learn Hadoop Training from the Industry Experts we bridge the gap between the need of the industry. Bangalore Training Academy provide the Best Hadoop Training in Bangalore with 100% Placement Assistance. Book a Free Demo Today.
Big Data Analytics Training in Bangalore
Tableau Training in Bangalore
Data Science Training in Bangalore
Workday Training in Bangalore
Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
sap hana courses in bangalore
sap hana classes in bangalore
sap hana training institute in bangalore
sap hana course syllabus
best sap hana training
sap hana training centers
best sap hana training
Very nice post. thanks for sharing with us.
aws Training in Bangalore
python Training in Bangalore
hadoop Training in Bangalore
angular js Training in Bangalore
bigdata analytics Training in Bangalore
python Training in Bangalore
aws Training in Bangalore
You can install office setup by visiting official website of MS Office.
Office.com/setup
Your article is very informative. Thanks for sharing the valuable information.
aws Training in Bangalore
python Training in Bangalore
hadoop Training in Bangalore
angular js Training in Bangalore
bigdata analytics Training in Bangalore
python Training in Bangalore
aws Training in Bangalore
Good post I must say and thanks for the information.
Great information!! Thanks for sharing nice blog.
Digital Marketing Training in Chennai | Certification | SEO Training Course | Digital Marketing Training in Bangalore | Certification | SEO Training Course | Digital Marketing Training in Hyderabad | Certification | SEO Training Course | Digital Marketing Training in Coimbatore | Certification | SEO Training Course | Digital Marketing Online Training | Certification | SEO Online Training Course
Post a Comment