Saturday, February 11, 2006

APPALLING!!

I read the following blog on the net:

The U.S just executed their 1000'th death-row victim after capital punishment was resumed in that country from 1977. Kenneth Lee Boyd was put to death after a lethal dose of drugs was injected into his body. My question on this event is this. How is the person who injected the lethal drug into Boyd's body any different from any other homicidal killer? Boyd is being put to death for two people he had murdered. By injecting the lethal drug into Boyd's body isn't Boyd's executioner also doing the same, i.e murdering someone. Just because the law permits the execution how can the executioner's act of taking Boyd's life (or killing Boyd) not be a crime? Is there no sin in the act of putting Boyd to death? How does the executioner feel when he/she goes to bed that night? Elated at having done a job (killing someone) so well? Boyd's last words were "God bless everybody in here", probably refering to the executioner and the others who were overseeing his execution. Reminded me of what Jesus said of his executioner's as they nailed him on the cross, "Oh God forgive them for they do not know what they are doing."

and i was so appalled by it that I thought instead of commenting on the blog written by somebody else why not create my own blog. And here I m blogging…

My first blog is actually a comment on that person's blog...
Well sir I want to tell u that I completely agree with you…you said that the person who injected the lethal dose of medicines into Boyd’s body should die of guilt because he had just taken a life and that too a life of a person whose only crime was to rape a couple of girls molest a couple more and who had just done a few handful of murders…and what’s more his final words like Jesus Christ were “please forgive those who have sinned against me”…how noble! I m sure I would also die of guilt had I been in the executioners place…I would keep feeling bad that the only thing I did to him was injecting a lethal dose of medicine when what I really wanted to do was strip him naked, peel off his skin rub salt and throw some acid into his raw skin and make him stand in the middle of Mount road in the peak of the Chennai summer

Please!! How u could even think that the treatment meted out to Boyd was too much I cannot fathom. And even more absurd is that fact that u expect the doctor who injected the medicine to feel guilty and suggest that he should also die for taking the life of Boyd. What u r trying to say is that all our jawans and army personnel who fight for the country putting their lives at risk on the border should feel guilty and should be put to death because no doubt, sometime in their life they would have taken the lives of Pakistani soldiers. Can u even begin to think about the chaos which would ensue if all our soldiers and jawans started thinking like you and quit their jobs and left the border unguarded? Can u think about what would happen if all those terrorists who were caught in relation with the sept 11 bombardments and other such incidents were let free out of humanity? There is a limit to humanity sir and this is it. These are incorrigible criminals we are talking about…if left free they wouldn’t change their ways for u me or anyone for that matter…

For heaven sake he is accused of rape. Though it sounds cliched I would like you to put yourself in the shoes of the victim or the victim’s relatives. How would u feel if it were your daughter or sisters who were the victims of a maniac like Boyd? I m sure u would think differently then. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if u took the law in your hands and gave a punishment u felt was befitting (which I m sure would be nothing short of a gruesome death) to Boyd. It is very easy to talk about not giving capital punishment to die hard criminals when you are sitting in plush offices on cushioned seats and when you go home in an AC car to a three bedroom house but practically speaking when you put yourself in the victim’s shoes and feel the anguish pain and agony they suffer then I m sure you would feel differently...

And finally even more appalling is your comparison between Christ and Boyd. I would just like to say one thing. I just hope that your blog is not read by any staunch Christian…they definitely will not take this comparison between their savior and a blood thirsty criminal lightly... In fact I feel that just for saying those words that bastard of a Boyd should be given the punishment suggested by me…who the bloody hell is he to say "God bless everybody in here"…my blood boils even as I think of how he could have had the audacity to say such a thing…I m sure he didn’t mean a single word of what he said and was just trying to catch the last straw of hope that might save his life by appealing to the hearts of the jury who thankfully weren’t impressed by his show of humanity!!

3 comments:

R@hul said...

hey...i saw ur blog just today..
Seriously yours..huh...hmm....interesting...

I'll ask you just one thing...
Why are you writing this blog?

Srikanth said...

Hi nice to see someone frm my class blogging. Kudos for it. I would rather not comment on ur blog as my ideology differs.I would say one thing.. Watch VIRUMANDI..

Bye
Srikanth.L

Karthik Murali said...

hi ur blog is simply amazing.....
and i would suggest u read david baldacci's "the simple truth"
It is a beautiful novel based upon the death sentence and talks about many things that u really would like to know...
by the way i'm karthik murali from hindustan clge doing 3 rd year b.e.comp sc. i saw ur blog and ur profile thru orkut..
and by the wat are you sneha's classmate in sankara?