Thursday, May 04, 2006

I was just reading the times of India today morning when I came across an article in which an IIM A graduate had spurned a 7 lakh per annum job to open a school in surat... I felt so insignificant... it made me think if I had ever done anything that made me feel happy and satisfied? And the answer was nothing... next year this time I ll probably be working in some software company staring at the computer screen for 12 hours at a stretch and totally and absolutely hating what I do... do I have the guts to spurn a job offer like that guy did?? Do I have the guts to put my foot down and say “no I won’t do this? I m going to open a school or an NGO”...No!!! The only thing I have ever done is talk about social issues but I feel ashamed to say that I have never taken a sincere step towards anything... its always “what if my studies get affetced”,”what if my future isn’t secure” and so many other what ifs.. I hope someday I have the courage to do what I really want and achieve it!!

4 comments:

sheikhee said...

read this..
http://www.hindu.com/op/2006/04/16/stories/2006041601151600.htm

Ragesh said...

I would say follow your heart!. Make it happen, Go for it!. But then again the world is too cruel sometimes.. But I wish you the very best if you decide to embark on such an endeavour..

Ragesh said...

Thanks for the comments. Ya, I am completely in love with cars, But I too noticed that most of my posts had a reference to cars. Don't worry about the blog title , I will be writing about serious issues as well :-)

R@hul said...

"...Courage to do what you want?..." Courage? In the face of what danger? I seriously don't understand your suggesting that courage has any bearing on choosing what you want to do. I mean, what is the danger which you see that it requires courage....

Is there a hoop of fire between you and your achievement?? hehehe.....