Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Trip to Bombay - Part I - TISS!!

The TISS campus is beautiful. I wouldn’t call it a sprawling/huge campus or anything but it is an extremely handsome looking campus. The miute I eneterd I felt at home, felt one with nature. It is the kind of campus I have always wanted to be a part of. One of those really old campuses which is wild and completely overgrown, with these huge peepul and banyan trees whose roots snake on the ground and make their presence felt everywhere on the campus. Each of these trees must be a hundred years old and would tell stories, maybe narrate epics if only they could talk. It is a campus where the canteen benches bear the names and remarks of batches and batches of students who have passed out, who I imagine would have sat there, and had some great conversations over piping hot cups of tea and a plate of samosas. A gentle breeze which caresses my cheek and naughtily tousles my hair blows and makes me feel comfortable though its noon of a very humid day and the temperature is a sweltering 38 degrees. A couple of age old buildings (built in the british era I think) with the paint peeling off tower over me and they have these old doors with lovely knockers. As I walk on the old leaves crunch under my feet and I wonder if they too have something to tell me. Suddenly I wish each of these inanimate objects could talk and tell me stories of life at TISS, a life which I so want to be a part of. I have completely and hopelessly fallen in love with the campus. My first love. Poets have very often said that there is nothing more devastating and painful than unrequited first love. Something tells me I am gonna experience that pain soon.

11 comments:

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

what ye doing there lady? i thought social science was history...literally..

Milinta said...

Part 2,3 lam seekram post pannu.. At least reading that we'll get to know what exactly happened there... onaku call panni kekra phone bill micham! ;) ;)

Dinesh said...

What are you doing in TISS?

>>Jass said...

Beautiful description; I m in love with the campus already ;)
Anyways this part leaves many questions unanswered!

[TV ANCHOR VOICE]
Will they be answered the part 2?
Will Revs unravell the TISS mystery in the next part?

Wait and read the next post , Revs at TISS campus!
[/TV ANCHOR VOICE]

Revathi said...

@KK
heh heh!! well i had applied for a particular cours ethere. went to attend the interview which errrr.. to put it kindly bombed!! :P

@mi
Bah!! :-\. Kanjam!!

@dinesh
had applied for a particular course there and went to attend my GD and interview!! :)

@jass
lol!! thanks. but i guess thats it about TISS. more about mumbai in my next posts!! :)

Sanket said...

Hey, this is not fair! Pune is like 3 hours from there....we (as in pune ch1 bloggers) would have loved to meet you.

Revathi said...

@sanket
Aaaah!! sorry man. i actually told pinku i would try my best to make it to the pune bloggers meet but u guys were meeting on sunday evening and i had my interview on monday morning!! :(

Sanket said...

Oh...ok, tough luck. Anyways, next time!

Jaya S said...

Revathi waxing eloquent, for a change. New avatar. I like it :).

Arun said...

lovely !!!
see, NOW you know what falling in love is like ;) :p
haha ! well heres hoping TISS proposes toya :p !

//"As I walk on the old leaves crunch under my feet and I wonder if they too have something to tell me. Suddenly I wish each of these inanimate objects could talk and tell me stories of life at TISS.."

aww...I could relate to that...in a totally human sense though,ifya know what I mean...;)

vijay said...

This post is so unlike revs. Why i have a nagging feel that this post is to prove someone in TISS about your writing skills (social studies is my lead)