Friday, March 16, 2012

The true purpose of a country's existence


You know how most people spend their entire lives finding the true purpose of their existence and spend a lot of time talking about it and wondering when they will find theirs?
I mean I know people who have lived to be a 65 and still wondering what is the purpose of THEIR existence on this planet.

Well for the fact that it is a country, and a fairly young one at that, I think Bangladesh is DAMN lucky that just 41 years after its creation it has found the "true purpose of its existence".

The true purpose of Bangladesh's existence is so that Sachin could one day score his 100th 100 in this country. :P

P.S: I can't believe I have lived in a time when

- I saw the passing of a millenium
- India won the world cup
- Sachin made 200 runs
- Sachin made 10,000 runs
- Sachin made his 100th 100

I feel truly blessed.

1 comment:

Balaji Srinivasan said...

I woke up just in time to catch it live. Thank goodness, I wouldn't go to my grave a miserable man. :-D

Welcome back! And no more vanishing acts, ok? :P :-)