Friday, February 20, 2009

1. I have found out that the obsessive compulsive hair pulling disorder that i have ACTUALLY has a name. I now officially suffer from trichotillomania. I think it started when i was class 12th and because of undue stress (ahem!!) due to the upcoming boards (aaaah!!) i started pulling out my hair - not in clumps (thats my sister's job to pull MY hair out in clumps!! :P) but strand by strand therby irritating everyone at home and dirtying the entire house. Over the past 7 years though i have made a conscious effort to stop it even now when i am tensed or in deep thought my hands unconsciously reach out to my hair to pull them out. I cant believe i ama maniac!! :-

I am going to stop!! oh yeah i am going to stop

2. What happens to people when they are in love? Why do they stop thinking rationally, or rather why do they stop thinking at all? Why dont they listen to reason? Why do they lie to parents - the same parents to whom they have never lied before, never hidden anything, been completely honest? Why do they break their trust? I guess I never will understand and I seem to be surrounded by people like this. And dont u dare look at me condescendingly,smirk and say "Never been in love, you will NEVER understand"

3. I just realised that unconsciously i have built circles of trust around me and every time i meet a person i place them in one of those imaginary circles. Family and 4 close friends - circle 1, good friends - circle 2, online friends - circle 3 and so on and so forth. I think consciously or unconsciously all of us do it - segregate and classify people based on how relevant they are in our lives. So much for telling everyone "Heyyy! I am not judgemental"

4. My friend A must be the only person in India to have failed a driving test. So the other day she had her driving test and when i called her later this was the conversation between us
Me: So what happened??

A: ha ha ha ha ha!!

Me: Congrats!! So all the tension was for nothing eh? You cleared it

A: Ha ha ha ha!! Noooo!! i flunked. i didnt realise the hand break was in place and tried to start the car and the car threw up. And he threw me outta the car. Ha ha ha ha

Me: Ha ha ha ha!! but errr. why are u going Ha ha ha ha ha

A: Ha ha ha ha. I dont know. Its just so funny!!

A now has the dubious distinction of being among the select few who failed a driving test in INDIA!! Sheeeesh!! I thought no one failed a driving test in India.

5. I now regret having had a wonderful childhood, great parents and a privileged life with no financial worries. For the past few months i have been filling a couple of application forms which ask me the following questions

-some acute adversity which u faced in life and how u overcame it

errrrr...the acutest adversity which i faced in my younger days was my sister and in college days was my roommate. I love both of them so didnt actually have the need to overcome them!! Does this qualify??

-Have u ever supported ur family financially?

Ha ha ha ha ha!! I am still not able to support my OWN self financially

-Have u ever availed a student loan to pursue your education

Errrr..Noo

-Have you ever worked part time while getting an education to support yourself/family

Hulllllo!!! I considered getting an education as WORK!!

-Have you ever funded the education/needs of a younger sibling?

I AM the younger sibling. Now somebody fund me please!!


I mean what is it with these colleges? I filled No for all the questions asked above and I am about as sure as making it to those colleges as Pramod Muthalik is of growing some hair, moustache and brains!! Sighhh!! Its all my parents fault!! :-

6. So this weekend i am again going to Bangalore. I am not very fond of that city and it is OBVIOUS that its not a voluntary trip for pleasure though i fully intend to make it one. But since meeting Sowrangutan is on my agenda i dont know if i can really call the trip a pleasure!! :P

Aw le le le Sowrangutan!!

And be rest assured I am not bringing you gifts like a certain someone did last week!! Yours Truly is the biggest gift you will be getting!! :D

P.S: I just realised random scribbles and rants seem to be the only thing i am writing nowadays!! Its been ages since i wrote a proper review/post etc!! Hmmmm!!

16 comments:

Sriram said...

Justification for the shortening of the tresses eh! Yep, nanga ellarum nambitom! :P

@#2, well some ppl are just made crazy. not everyone who's in 'love' flies halfway across the world. i don't do i? :P

@#6, another trip! Sigh. I'm all j!

Madan Chander said...

I agree with sriram on the love thingi...
not all...

and dont be too sure of the driving test stat.
there are a lotta ppl.
u wud know if u went to the driving test area. there are lots.

Melting said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha... A is better than u.. onaku hand 'BRAKE' spelling kuda therila!! LOL!! you haven't failed the test only because u haven't gone for it yet Revs :P :P

And the circle-thing is sooooo true... Its so unconscious that we hardly realise it. I realised only after reading this :)

Dinesh said...

I failed my driving test too. But I paid a bribe of 100 Rs and got my license :-)

Today I drive a car on Bangalore roads...

GoodEarth said...

Revs, be informed that you are one of the very few people in this subcontinent to have the exquisite privilege of meeting self! Yeah, you cant call it pleasure...too loose a term! Moksham/salvation is the right word!! :P :P

Loved the thrid comment abt your knowledge of Hand "brakes"!! Aw le le Revs aw le le!

The college fellas must have asked you sensible questions like... "Have you been in an asylum?, How many hairs have you extracted outta your head?, Are you the single lunatic case in your family? DO you walk upside down during your sleep?" etc etc...
:D :D

Aishwarya said...

I just enjoy your random rant posts Revs! :D
#1, Yeah.. i've seen you do that.. so you better try to stop it before you pluck all ur hairs out. Hey we already are losing so much of hair, why pluck the rest too man? :P
Coming to t circle of friends, that just happens subconsciously i guess
Ha ha.. they asked you all those questions revs.. hehehe..

Aishwarya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aishwarya said...

I just enjoy your random rant posts Revs! :D
#1, Yeah.. i've seen you do that.. so you better try to stop it before you pluck all ur hairs out. Hey we already are losing so much of hair, why pluck the rest too man? :P
Coming to t circle of friends, that just happens subconsciously i guess
Ha ha.. they asked you all those questions revs.. hehehe..

Aishwarya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aishwarya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aishwarya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aman said...

Don't think you need to write a proper post Revs..Your random thoughts(if I can call them thoughts..aw le le le) are more hilarious.

\\-Have u ever supported ur family financially?

Ha ha ha ha ha!! I am still not able to support my OWN self financially\\

haha...kya mast likha hai yaar...awesome!

Revathi said...

@Sriram
eeeeeeeee!! if i wanted to shorten my tresses i would go to the barber shop and not pull my hair one by one!!
Thanks for visiting!! :)

@madan
Thanks for visiting man

@melting
Rude comment conveniently ignored!! :P

@dinesh
exactly wat i told A. :)
And 100 bucks?? Naaah!! nothing less than 500 would do now!!
and "driving" on bangalore roads?? U mean the stopping and waiting on traffic signals!! yes!! in bangalore that would qualify as driving!! :P
Thanks for visiting!!

@sowrangutan
Not talking to u lady!!
HUMPH!! :-|

@aishu papaaaaaa
Thanks a lot for visiting man!! :)

@aman
heh!! Thanks man. Jab tak tum jaise pagal padhoge mujh jaise pagal to likhengi hi na!! :P:P
Kidding!! :)

anu said...

In response to point 2.
Like I already said,Cabbages are the reason

Madan Chander said...

Talkin abt failing driving tests...

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/south-korean-woman-fails-drivers-test-775-times/85987-13.html

Deepa Garimella said...

Hey Revathi, i'm loving your blog. It's damn funy. And as for this post, I stopped at point no.2. Made me think. And i'm glad to know someone thinks like i do (well, i kind of assumed you're also the kind who cannot lie to your parents), though it seems to strike people as self-centred!!!!!!!