So Rajalakshmi presented me with the Honest Scrap Award AND tagged me.
The rules are:
“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”
Thanks a lot Raji
So here are 10 honest things about me...
1) I love the sound of my own voice. Most of the times I just talk aimlessly without actually having anything to talk about. And I can talk rubbish for HOURS and not get tired. A coupla days back I saw this movie called “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” where Jim Carrey says “Constantly talking is NOT communicating”. I am like that sometimes. I don’t actually convey anything but will continuously keep talking. But that does not mean I am not a good listener. I can be a very good listener too.
2) I have this constant need to be in two places at the same time, to do two things at the same time. Nothing satisfies me. When I was in IT I wanted to do journalism, now that I am doing journalism I want to do adventure sports or biking or something. Hmmm. Maybe I will do that some day :-)
3) Don’t kill me but I ACTUALLY like the movie "Mujhse Dosti Karoge" and I have seen that movie ummm 3 times and find the part in the end where the sindoor aligns itself properly on Rani Mukherji’s head HILARIOUS. :rolling eyes:
4) Maybe this makes me sound like a saint (which I am NOT BTW) but I cannot say No to people, friends especially. I know this sounds terrible but I d rather lie than say no to a friend. (Ok!! I had to be honest right?)
5) I cry VERY easily. :P. No Honest. I am sure all my close friends would breathe a sigh of relief when they read this because I am FINALLY being honest about this. :P. My tear taps are always hyper active. I cry for a LOT of movies (and for every movie that I cry for I declare it’s the only movie I have cried for :P), I cry when I read books, blogs (literature can really move me, really), I cry when I listen to a particular kind of music, I cry when I think of the fact that my grandmother and parents are becoming old and ohhhh I cry for a lot of other things which I am rather embarrassed to mention. But I am particular about who sees me crying. I prefer to cry alone or when I am with people from my first circle in my circles of trust. :-)
6) My General Knowledge is pathetic. Yesterday I was asked to write about the elections which happened in Japan. I didn’t even know they had had an election recently, I didn’t know if Japan was a democracy or a regime or a communist state or if it was ruled by a man or woman let alone the name. I find this extremely shameful given the fact that I want to be a journalist and I don’t know shit about current affairs.
7) I talk a lot to myself. I have always had that habit. I talk when I am walking alone on the road, going in a bus/train etc. It helps me sort out a lot of stuff when I am talking with myself and since I am a HUGELY impulsive person it really helps to have someone to talk to instantly who will tell me what I am doing is wrong. My conscience is much wiser than I am. There times when I have drafted a mail (I shall refrain from revealing its contents :P) and then talked to myself with the mouse hovering over the send button and then eventually clicked on cancel and have been extremely grateful about that.
8) For a girl, I eat very very well. Close friends know my summer menu/winter menu. :P. Both my sister and I eat considerably well. I think it’s just the way amma/paati brought us up. One thing which we were never refused when we were children was food and there always seemed to be enough food at home to feed an army. As a result of which we have phenomenal appetites which can be kind of tough when we visit homes of people with normal appetites and I feel like Oliver Twist asking “Can I have some more please”. I can eat 4 chapatis and rice and dal and curd rice and ice cream. I relish good food but I usually never complain about bad food. I was hugely overweight till a couple of years back.
One of the biggest jokes in the family (about me obviously) is that once we went to a restaurant when I was a kid and after eating quite well I apparently looked around and asked “no thayir sadam?”. And another one was when we went to this beautiful lake called Pichavaram near Chidambaram when I was a five, our boat capsized, got caught in quick sand and we had to swim our way to the shore and after reaching the shore the first thing I said was “I am hungry, when are we eating?” :P. These are my parents’ favorite anecdotes at family get togethers even NOW. Sighh. Parents.
9) I find it very very difficult to trust people and lest you think its because of my "PAST" relationships or some shit rest assured its nothing like that. I am just cynical when it comes to trusting people. I talk with everyone but trust very very few people. It takes some time before I can allow people inside my circles of trust.
10) I am a very very superficial person. Meaning I have no depth. Errr.. not to say I am 2D. It’s just that I can’t think profound thoughts or appreciate deep stuff. Slap it on my face and I will understand it, sugar coat it or try to give it to me indirectly and the expression on my face will make Moose in Archie Comics look like Albert Einstein. This is the primary reason why Alchemist never made any sense to me. I mean all the while I knew he was trying to tell me something but not directly and hence I never understood or appreciated it. I love PG Wodehouse/ RKN/ Roald Dahl/ Archer/ James Herriott/ Bill Bryson because they say it like it is. For me book reading is a pleasure activity. I d die if I have to interpret each and every line and find newer meanings every time I read it.
Phew!! That’s done. Was fun doing it :-) and following are the people I tag. (I cant think of 7 people to tag)
Amilie - coz I always tag her!!
Karthik - he last updated during his birth as Shakuni uncle of the Kauravas :P
Arun - He has been so busy doing carics i really want to read stuff written by him!! :)