Sunday, September 13, 2009

And like it or not.. I am Back!! :)

Suddenly I decided I didn’t want my blog to be private anymore. Don’t ask me for explanations because I don’t have any. I just sat thinking about the reasons for which I blocked my site and after almost six months I realize that it was as smart an idea as Himesh Reshammiya thinking that he would look nice in weaved hair. You get the drift? In both cases the ideas and final outcomes were disastrous. It was an impulsive decisions and my impulsive decisions always suck and today morning as I missed GBCI sorely I said “To hell with it. I am gonna start writing on GBCI again”.

For all you people who didn’t even know that my blog had gone private – Pfffffbbt to you – (author maturely putting out her tongue at everyone who is going “Really, you made you blog private?”). And for all those who mailed me asking for permission to read my blog, Thanks so much. I never did know that there were so many people who read the stuff I wrote and it was one of the main reasons for my coming back (No use cribbing now. I am back now and back for good – I hope so :P)

A lot has happened in the last 6 months. For one I have quit my job. Yeahhh. For people who have been reading my blog you know HOW much I have cribbed about having to sit in front of a computer for 15 hours everyday and doing something which was OBVIOUSLY not coming to me (read: coding). I am a student now and doing something which I have always always wanted to do. I get to read a lot, write a lot and talk and lot and I wake up every morning thanking all my stars and wondering how in hell did I get so lucky? But that’s the thing about life. The minute you least expect it, whooooosh it sweeps you off your feet and leaves you breathless

I am doing a course in journalism at Asian College of Journalism here at Chennai. I love the experience so far. I love being a student. I love all the courses and the lectures/lecturers. I almost shrieked with happiness when Bharadwaj Rangan (one of my favorite bloggers) came to talk on film reviewing, I watched in awe as Navin Chawla spoke about the election in India and cringed in disgust when Sitaram Yechury spoke about how Left is the way to go. Kancha Ilaiah provoked me, Krishna Ananth delighted me and I have realized how badly read I am and how little I know about my own country and the world. I feel insignificant when I look at kids (Yep!!) two years younger than knowing much much more than me. It’s a humbling experience but worth it.

I have met a lot of like minded people. I have met people who are skeptical about Gandhi (yayyy!! finally) and people who don’t go “Hawwwwwww!! He was the father of the nation. How can you talk like that about him?”, when I would air my opinions about him. I have also seen a lot of people who I d have been better off not knowing but when you are 23 you learn to live with all kinds of people, never mind if they smoke weed, drink like a fish (NOT water mind you) and smoke a lot. And yeah passive smoking does not kill instantly like I originally thought. I mean I thought the minute someone smoked on my face my lungs would shrivel and I would choke and die. Nope. That doesn’t happen because I have had quite a few people smoking on my face and I have learnt to hold my breath and talk at the same time.

I have also seen more of my dear city Chennai in the past two months than I have in the past 8 years and I love the city all the more. I have watched more plays, dance shows and music concerts now than I have in the past eight years. I have made new friends, been in touch with old ones, known again what it is like to stay awake for 36 hours straight (did that last before Artificial Intelligence exam during engineering) and do work I actually like.

Oh I have learnt a lot and I now that GBCI is “open” I think I will write about it one by one as and when I think of it. Today I am just a happy and contended person. Today I have no regrets. Today I am as much in love with life as I was during engineering (for totally different reasons but in love nevertheless). But lets talk about all that some other time.

Today, I live :)

22 comments:

Sriram said...

I guess leaving Java behind is the best thing you could do :) Sounds like a lot of fun at the mt rd corner! ensoi..

and you made your blog private? sollave illa! :P

Revs said...

@Sriram
Oh the campus has shifted now. Its near Tidel park now :)
And pfbbbbt to you!! Humpff!! :P


Thanks for visiting man :)

Sanket said...

Good decision. I am happy for you girl :)

P.S.: I have never been awake for more than 22 hours....36 hours..that's awesome!

preeti said...

you good for nothing ar&*&* B&^*&^... kaminiiiiiiiiiiii when i asked you to gimme access to your not so great GBCI :P you were like baby aborted huh.... i hate you........ anyways, welcome back and move your lazy B^& to my space too :)::):)

JaLpArI - tHe MeRmAiD said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeee :) :) :) :) :)
welcome back Revathy.. :)
am so glad to see u again..
but gal.. im jealous.... u know, i wanted to be a journalist once...
am jealous like u cant imagine..
and i really admire u for the courage of quitting ur job and goin for it...
unlike wat people say, sometimes... Quitting things is way more brave than just holding on....
love u for that
and all the best for this new life..
do write bout how all this happened...
and howz it to be wid younger students... that's my biggest fear wenever i think of joining Journalism after finishing my course..
newaz...
as of now..
am wayyy happy that u r back... :)
tc
tatas

Shivasubramanian A said...

Welcome back!!

Can you elaborate on the skeptical about Gandhi part? Would like to know why you are skeptical about him? Or were you being sarcastic?

Rajlakshmi said...

guess you are having a nice time... atleast better than those null pointer exceptions :)

** atlast managed to find your blog :)

Aishwarya said...

Great to have u back Revs! :)
BTW, what abt the other one then?

Kavi said...

Heyyyyy Revs
Welcome back :)
I was just checking this link bookmarked in ma browser daily(Every day i come to office) and I think i was hoping it would just give me the contents without asking for a username :)
And Finally I feeeeel reallllly good

GoodEarth said...

Heyyy Revs!!! woww im so glad to know that u possess an external blog as well :P :P
Much deprived of ur posts, since u left Ch1 gal!
Good luck to ur class mates :)

Kavi said...

Btw you never gave me the access for your blog :O
how rude?!?!??!

Annapoorani said...

Revs welcome back....Glad that you have made ur blog open to all..Miss u a lot in ch1..Keep writing girlie...

Regards,
Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan

Revs said...

@Sanket
Heh!! oh well i slept for 52 hours after that!! :P So i more than compensated!! :D

@preeti
LOL!! :D
Thanks so much man :)

@Jalpari
thanks so much man!!
Sure. will write about all of it :)

@Shiv
hey Thanks :)
and oh well lets reserve that discussion for some other time shall we? ;)

@Raji
Hey Hatii :P
Thanks a lot :)

@Aishu
Thanks a lot man :)

@Kavi
Thank you sooo much :)
and oh well did u mail asking for access?? I am so sorry!! my bad :)

@goodearth
Tankoo tankoo sowrangutaaaaaaaaaan :)

@Anna
Thanks so much :)

Seetharaman Trichur Narayanan Iyer said...

Aha,
So someone is back :-)
Well.....so as is only in my capability to spot the glitches - where would ye write now? In GBCI or in the smithy zone? if GBCI what happens to ol smithy? or would smithy read GBCI and comment or GBCI comment in SMithy??
See!! So many intricate questions exist which only a prudent self can spot!
ANd well.....I wanna indulge in some more NI bashing!! game?? :-)

Padmashree B said...

Hi Revs!!! Welcome backkkk!!!!
Great to see that you are following your passion and doing what you truly love :) That is what life is meant for! I am really glad you took the decision to join journalism. All the very best for ur future! Rock On!

Revs said...

@Goooooooooooooofy
No one can ask these kind of questions except you goofy. NO ONE!! :P
Shant answer any of them!! :D
Thanks for visiting :)

P.S: NI bashing.. Errr..Ahemm!! :P

@Padmashree
Heyyy!! Thanks so much man!! :)

Jass said...

Nice to see you back to writing here :)

Revs said...

@Jass
Thanks yaar :)

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

Ahh feels good to be a GBCI, bleddy good. mind it. :)

Revs said...

@Budha
Ha ha!!
Thanks a lot mach :)

Deepak Iyer said...

I'm all for free speech and expression, so *applause*.

Balaji Srinivasan said...

Nice to have you back in your own turf man! you shouldn't have gone in the first place...