Friday, July 25, 2008

Notes

1. On a happy note, it rained today in Chennai . After 4 long days of having oppressively hot weather it rained and it felt like heaven. While everyone around me went around carrying umbrellas, I had a capital time splashing in ever y small puddle I came across, wetting my legs (and thereby allowing all kinds of germs to reside on self), humming a song, loving the feel of the little drops on my eye lashes and shivering a little. Only after it rained I realized how much I had been waiting for it to rain.

2. On a sad note, two of my closest friends who work in the same office as me have been shifted to another god forsaken office. They were my only touch/link with my college life and now that they are gone lunch will never be the same again. No more giggling sessions, no more looking at everyone and commenting, no more fight for the gulab jamoon (the only decent item on our office lunch menu). Sigh!! I am supposed to be a very change liking and accepting person. How come things in my life in which I want a change in remain the same ALWAYS?? :

3. On a distressed note, my feet have started stinking again – BIG TIME. I mean the smell had abated fairly such that only I could smell them but for the past 3 days the smell has become worse with my team mates saying “what is that disgusting smell like a rotting dead rat which hasn’t been discovered for 4 days”. I don’t have the heart to tell them that its me!! :( Guess its time for me to buy mycoderm again!! Sigh!!! why me? :(

4. On a euphoric note, a certain post written by a certain friend of mine on a certain unpleasant event which happened in my life (I cant confuse u more can i?? :P)has me grinning from ear to ear . I have fallen in love with my friend all over again (errr. in a totally platonic sense of course!! :P). Thanks a lot A!! love ya!!

5. On an important note, henko stain champion is a much much better soap than Surf excel/rin supreme bar. I never knew the white salwar which I had could actually be this white till I washed it with henko stain champion. Leaves a pleasant smell too, which is more than what can be said of my feet and shoes!! :P. so all u people out there struggling with rin supreme and wondering “itna jhaag aata hai par daag kyun nahi jaata?” throw that bar and get henko stain champion. Trust me I m no brand ambassador for henko stain champion

6. On a very serious note, a friend of mine has started an NGO which is a first of its kind called earn karma. Please do check out the site HERE. Remember all those times when u wanted to help, but didn’t whom to approach or knew someone who was in need of help and wished to raise funds but didn’t have enough contacts? Well now u have a forum which does away with those small problems. So register today and EARN KARMA!!

7. On a boastful note, Revathi Ramanan will register for the 21 km give life Chennai marathon which is being held in chennai on august 31st and whats more she even hopes to win it and buy a flight ticket to dubai to visit her sister with the prize money of 10 lakhs!! :P

8. On a surprised note, I was reading my 12th standard slam book the other day and most of my friends then have written “stay the same revs, don’t change”. I m very surprised. Even if I were given a million dollars I wouldn’t want to be the person I was in 11th and 12th. I have changed by leaps and bounds in the past 6 years. I was a nerd whose idea of entertainment was solving math problems and I wasted two golden years of my life slogging my ass out to get into BITS (which I eventually didnt). I was a silent, morose, boring, painfully shy and sad individual who wore specs, had braces and was 10 kgs overweight. Something tells me that for lack of anything better to write they wrote “don’t change” in my slam book!!

9. On a wistful note, I read THIS article and I am still hopeful that one day I shall become Mrs Clooney!!:P

10. On a sarcastic note, personally I feel the person who writes the use cases in my project might as well write them in swahili or Egyptian hieroglyphics rather than wasting his time and doing it in english. Would be easier for me to translate hieroglyphics and symbols rather than trying to understand what the hell is it that he is trying to say. Seriously. It would be easier to make a 5 year old kid understand leo tolstoy’s war and peace than make me understand the use cases. (assuming that I have the IQ level of a normal 22 yr old and the 5 yr old has the IQ level of a normal 5 yr old!! :P)

17 comments:

Balls said...

dear Ms. U-do-crap-a-lot, i almost imagined you doing a tribute to the classic "O ho megam vandhadho" from Mouna Ragam. enjoy the rain, whatever little of it.

preeti rocks said...

On a combination-of-ten note, nice post :)I ll keep henko stain champion in mind :)

sreeramshenoy said...

I "noted" that this was again the same ol' Revs ranting away to glory...cool post...loved all notes...I got to boast soon too! ;)

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

lmao on the use cases ... :) must be fun ..

rvnrahul said...

Heh heh.. Lemme try commenting.. :P

//wetting my legs (and thereby allowing all kinds of germs to reside on self)//
-- A more effective germicide has never been made.. :P

//On a distressed note, my feet have started stinking again – BIG TIME//
-- People have been dying in remote parts of chennai unable to bear the smell..

//I never knew the white salwar which I had could actually be this white till I washed it with henko stain champion.//
-- Washing?? umm YOU???

//Something tells me that for lack of anything better to write they wrote “don’t change” in my slam book!!// -- Your friends must be world renowned astrologers with a secret wish to save the world.. Man they failed.. :(

//(assuming that I have the IQ level of a normal 22 yr old and the 5 yr old has the IQ level of a normal 5 yr old!!// -- Too funny even to comment..

Nice post.. :P and btw arent u 23??

Arun said...

// "On a happy note, it rained today in Chennai ."
you oughta see the 'singin in the rain' ...Gene Kelly ...the inspiration for oho megam vandhadhu...

//"gulab jamoon (the only decent item on our office lunch menu)."
really? A Ars wud be a happy man to hear that..I feel the sweet is an overkill

//"On a distressed note, my feet have started stinking again"
SIgh if only you would liste to my suggestion...saw todays paper? yeah the fish thingy...its a sign Revs ! just do it !

//"On a euphoric note, a certain post written by a certain friend..."
can we see that?please?

//"On a boastful note, Revathi Ramanan will register for the 21 km give life Chennai marathon"
should be a cinch...your smelly feet would drive away the resta the competition :p ;)

//"On a wistful note"...well as long as ya dont mind hsaring him with some bunnies !

Revvvvvvvvvvs !!!
I loved this post! makes me wanna do one of my own 'notes' !!!

Sheks said...

I was a silent, morose, boring, painfully shy and sad individual who wore specs

silent??? Morose??? painfully shy??? ayyo..idhayellam kaettu naan coma state-kku poyiruvaen pola irukke!!!

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

>>I was a silent, morose, boring, painfully shy and sad individual who wore specs
noticed this just now..
you MUST be velammal where people forget how to speak / from DAV where people do not find the time to. correct?

Revathi said...

@balls
Thanks!! :)

@preeti
Whoa!! Thanks. Still lazing around in hosur eh?

@S3
Jaldi kar!! :D. tu men wala jeet lena aur mai women waala jeetti hoon!! :P

@kk
What exactly is ur definition of fun? Sitting in front of a computer with ur eyes burning, head aching and wondering what the hell does corporate industrial toxicologist mean. Sigh!! no. that’s not my idea of fun!!

@rahul
Oh my god dude!! You are sooooooo funny!! Humph!! :-\
// A more effective germicide has never been made
Yes germs I have heard cannot stand clean hygienic surroundings and die. :P

// People have been dying in remote parts of chennai unable to bear the smell
Errr. no comments

// Washing?? umm YOU???
What d u think? I wear the same un washed clothes everyday? No. don’t answer that question. I m not you to wear torn clothes!! :P (ha ha ha!! You cant deny this rahul)

Thanks. And no. I m 22!! :)

@arooooooooooooooooon
// you oughta see the 'singin in the rain' ...Gene Kelly ...the inspiration for oho megam vandhadhu
Have seen it!! :)

// SIgh if only you would liste to my suggestion...saw todays paper? yeah the fish thingy...its a sign Revs ! just do it !
If u don’t like me u only have to say it Arun. Don’t write such hate comments on my blog!! :P

// should be a cinch...your smelly feet would drive away the resta the competition :p ;)

Do u get ur sense of humor from the same place that Rahul above does?? (rolling eyes)

// well as long as ya dont mind hsaring him with some bunnies !
Whats that?? Didn’t get ya??

Thanks a lot man. and do ur version of notes too. Would love to read that

@sheks
Errr. compared to what I am now, I was painfully shy then. Lol. sigh. u were from Sankara too. I was noisy in school but not as noisy as I am now!! ;)

@KK
Was in Sankara. Was an ok school. Not DAV or velammal. And what is this thing which u have against vellamal educational institutions man? :P

anu said...

How unique a post!

Karthik Subbaiah said...

On an urgentish note, I havent yet read the blog and I feel pathetic. Coz everytime I start reading the blog, on a seriously true note, I get some distraction or the other. But on a lightly heavy note, I just finished dinner and I am sleepy and I'll get back with a better comment at a late time. Please note!!

Revathi said...

@anu
yeah?? good or bad?? :)

@Kilpauk
Point noted sir!! :P

Prashanth said...

It RAINED in chennai?? And do people in Chennai still have umbrellas? I donated all my stuff related to rain and winter almost 10 years back!

Prashanth said...

On a lighter note, I hope you are not in my project and not commenting abt my use case!

Karthik Subbaiah said...

Hilarious post revs. And a really thoughtful theme I would say. Yes.... Its still me.. Yes its Karthik Subbaiah who is impressed by the write. The humor is back and so is the rythm!! :)

I honestly think 1 and 3 are totally related. Tumne soye hua bhoot ko jaga diya hai.

LOL at Henko Stain champion. Only YOU can write such stuff.

Love the concept of Earn Karma. Will certainly do my 2 (thousand n more) ruppees... Ideally it should have been 2 cents but then you know I am this humble guy who doesnt want to show off that he is in the US you know. :P:P

@21 km run... definitely necessary to decrease the truck loads of kozhupu thats accumulated in all of these 22 years.

@slam book: Your friends know you very well girl...hehe.. ROTFL...

@Test cases: You are suffering from the usual Developerhatotesterosterous syndrome. All developers hate testers come what may.

But honestly, loved every bit of this post!! :)

Jaya S said...

Now I realise how much I missed reading your posts. Seriously. You also make me homesick, though. So, have you changed much since Class 12?

Revathi said...

@prashanth
Yep!! it rained in chennai!! :) and no. no one called prashanth writing use cases in my project!! ;)

@kilpauk mental
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! :)

@jaya
oh yeah!! i m jus not the same person i was. i am a completely different person!! :)
Thanks for visiting!!