Monday, October 29, 2007

Musings

It has been raining cats and dogs and donkeys and tigers for the past two days. Seriously. It has been raining like nobody’s business. All schools are off today, all colleges are off today. I won’t be surprised if they close down government offices too. Then why the HELL are IT companies working all the time??? :-\

What I want: hot steaming tea with a plate of pakodas, a nice book and some good music
What I have: hot tea from the vending machine, code which doesn’t work

What I want:
a job which lets me talk to people, read a lot and write a lot
What I have: a job where I talk to a maximum of one person, read the lunch menu everyday, and write some nonsense and try to convince everyone that it is code.

What I want: to read John Grisham’s latest novel called playing for pizza
What I have: complete reference java

What I want: is to be able to sleep peacefully without anyone waking me up and asking me to come to office
What I have: am at office at 8.30 owing to the bus driver who drove like he had a pregnant woman in his bus and was rushing her to the hospital

What I want: is to roll my jeans up and splash with gay abandon in the puddles formed by the rain outside
What I have: a voice inside me telling me that I am 22 and a professional working in a leading IT company and professionals working in leading IT companies DO NOT splash in water!!

Sigh!! But what is most surprising is that despite all this I am really really happy and completely in love with life right now. What IS wrong with me??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

/hot steaming tea with a plate of pakodas, a nice book and some good music./

Revathi I love these too.

/a voice inside me telling me that I am 22 and a professional working in a leading IT company and professionals working in leading IT companies DO NOT splash in water!!/

You are 100% right. We all should count our blessings.

I always enjoy your post.

Revathi



/

AG said...

I was on my bike on both the days! Rains be damned! Had great fun!!!

Praveen said...

Dude.. absolutely true.. so true.. you had me contemplating deeply for a few moments there.. really provocative thoughts!

Ragesh said...

Kewl!! man, glad u are gay( I mean happy). lol..

Suchithra Ramaswamy said...

Wats wrong with you. And you are wondering abt it. Actually everything is wrong with you lady. Stuck in IT company and you are in love with life it seems. You are halucinating babes.