Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

1. I went “ewwwwww” when my grandmother woke me up today and said “get up. You have office today”


2. I went “ewwwwww” when the share auto fellow told me “CTS a???” and I nodded my head sadly and stupidly


3. I went “ewwwwww” when I heard the disgusting beep when my access card hit the doors, so that they could open and let me in.


4. I went “ewwwwww” when I saw that my mailbox had thousands of new mails, the latest of which said “welcome back Revathi. PFA the defects which have to be fixed by EOD.”


5. I went “ewwwwww” when instead of amma’s hot horlicks I had to drink the brown color, smelling of cockroach poop watery tea in office (don’t ask me how I know how cockroach poop smells. I just know that if ever cockroach poop were to emanate a smell it would be very close to the tea in my office’s vending machine!! :-\)


6. I went “ewwwwww” when I went to the cafeteria and had the DISGUSTING food there consisting of totally uncooked, unpalatable food after having basked in the glory of amma’s superb cooking for 2 weeks. For the first time I wasted the stuff on my plate (sorry, you kids in Somalia!! :() and for the first time I was the last person to complete eating!!


7. I went “ewwwwww” when I got a mail saying “pay 100 bucks for birthday celebrations and come join us in wishing birthday babies at 4 in the cafeteria”. I might as well have taken another day off and saved myself 100 bucks and a couple of plastic smiles


Lots of such ewwwwww moments and I m going ewwwww now even as I think about it!!
I wanna go back home!! waah waah waah!! Stop it Revs. You are a mature 22 year old. (but even mature 22 years olds are allowed to miss home!! :( )


Anyway back to Chennai guys (I loved this part) after a completely harrowing journey (I m not going into detail. I think there are entirely too many posts on my travel travails on this blog!! :-\) and back to the grind (I hate this part)

7 comments:

Arun said...

Looks like ewww had a good day today !!! :D
lookin forward to a blog abt ewww 'dirty' bus trip back here !!! ;)

sreeramshenoy said...

I ditto had this feeling after just 4 days at home for Diwali...The most irritating was when the access card beeped, turned the light green and allowed me in...Just wanted to about-turn and run back home!! Only the bugs had a genuine smile on their faces saying "Look who's come...bugger"!! :D
Welcome back Revs...genuinely...no eeeewwwww!! :P

preeti said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww Revs you are back !!:)
and don grumble, first mess food then CTS food, I think you ll stop grumbling abt bad food if you start cooking :)

Aishwarya said...

Awww.. it's okie revs.
It's been months since i went home. Sigh! :(

Nivedita said...

hey really cute :p i read it a coupla daysback but am able to comment on ur post from aapice!!

Revathi said...

@arun
Thank ewwwwwwwww!! :D

@s3
Thanks man!! :D

@preeti
lol. seriously!! :D

@aishu papa
thank you!! :)

@baekkie
oru ethics e ila. office lendhu ellam comment adikara!! :D
Thanks for visiting!! :)

Padmashree said...

Revs : I went “ewwwwww” when I got a mail saying “pay 100 bucks for birthday celebrations and come join us in wishing birthday babies at 4 in the cafeteria”. I might as well have taken another day off and saved myself 100 bucks and a couple of "PLASTIC SMILES".

Padmashree : How TRUE da!